Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Moving on letter.....

I loved you with all my heart, and love you still, but I'm tired - I'm tired of fighting for a love that lived its moment...of living on memories that are special only to me...

We started spending a lot of time together, talking, eating, and playing ...we would always choose to closely sit next to each other with my arm around your shoulders and your hand on my lap...we would hold hands and be very affectionate with each other...we even had private jokes that we didn't want to explain or share with anyone else...and every moment we spent together was fun even if we weren't doing anything at all. Friends say that there's this tenderness with which we look at each other, a twinkle in our eyes and a soft smile on our lips that held so much promise...

Thank you for everything...for taking away my insecurities; for showing me that people do love me for who I am; for making me understand that people I love will hurt me but it doesn't necessarily mean they love me any less, and that when they do hurt me, it is possible to forgive, forget and move on with life; for making me realize it is possible to trust again after getting hurt. Thank you too for giving me the most painful lesson in my life thus far...that the moment you love someone you have given them the capacity to hurt you, that how much you hurt is equal to how much you have loved, that getting hurt is proportionate to having too many expectations. Thank you for accepting me and allowing me enough room to grow at the same time...for inspiring me and making me want to become a better person. Thank you for being there when I needed you, - for the silly and the serious moments; for making me laugh, smile when ever I'm sad or confused; for never failing to make me feel better no matter how down or how depressed I've become; for unselfishly sharing my joys and my happiness. Most of all, thank you for making me feel special, for making me feel loved.

I'm sorry things had to come to this, But even if everything got so painful, I'm still glad to have known you, to have had you in my life even for just a short while.

I'm letting you go, I'm letting us go. I've finally accepted that this is the way things would have to be, that I should allow us both to be free enough to seek whatever it is that will truly make us happy.

I must admit you probably won't be too far away from my thoughts, and that thinking of you will still bring that tinge of sadness and regret. But I'm okay. I will be okay. Loving again may take awhile though. For now, I'd concentrate on healing myself, on making myself complete on my own - so that when the right one finally comes, I'll be able to give myself to her as I would have wanted to give myself to you.

Wherever life may lead us from here...good luck!

2 comments:

Pamps said...

I think you have move on already. But I still think you cherish the memories that your past love has left you. Welcome to singlehood again! Tara pre man chicks tayo! Maiba ako..Kailan na tayo puntang Bagiuo?

The PIxie Writer said...

i am not sure how long it takes a person to really move on and get past the recovery and denial stage post-breakup. i doubt, and i dont know whom you are convincing when you say you've moved on and found someone else now. before nurturing that feeling and be vulnerable to further pain, just let go, enjoy life more.